Lease conditions, Forth Schedule, Part Three
Lease conditions, Forth Schedule, Part Three
Covenants enforceable by the Landlord (HSRAL) and the tenants (Lessees) of the other flats of the estate
The following text is extracted from the general (head) lease and is reproduced for the benefit of lessees and tenants for information purposes. No pretext is made or suggested that the reproduction of this text is wholly accurate or that it supersedes the standing or accuracy of the original document. It should be noted that the directors of HSRAL have, and reserve the right, to alter or amend these terms as required and in order to maintain the estate to its best advantage.
Clauses reproduced from the lease
- Not at any time to use or occupy or permit the Premises to be used or occupied except as a private residential flat only
- Not at any time to use or permit the use of either the Premises or any part thereof for business purposes.
- Not to do or permit or suffer in or upon the Premises or any part thereof any sale by auction or any illegal or immoral act or any act or thing which may be or become a nuisance or annoyance or cause damage to the Landlord or the tenants or the occupiers of any part of the Buildings or of any adjoining or neighbouring premises.
- Not to do or permit to be done any act or thing which may render void or voidable any policy of insurance maintained in respect of the Building or may cause an increased premium to be payable in respect thereof nor to keep or permit to be kept any petrol, or other inflammable substances, in or about the Premises and to repay to the Landlord on demand all sums paid by way of increased premium and all expenses incurred in or about the renewal of any such policy or policies rendered necessary by a breach of this regulation all such payments to be recoverable as rent in arrears.
- Not to throw or permit to be thrown any dirt rubbish rags or other refuse into the sinks baths lavatories cisterns or waste or soil pipes in the Premises.
- Not to play or use or permit the playing or use of any musical instrument television radio loudspeaker or mechanical or other noise making instrument of any kind nor to practise or permit the practising of any singing in the Premises at any time so as to cause any nuisance or annoyance to any of the other owners tenants or occupiers of the Buildings and for the purposes hereof the decision of the Managing Agents (or of a surveyor appointed by the Management Company for the purposes of this Clause) as to what constitutes a nuisance or annoyance shall be final and binding on the parties.
- Not at any time to put on or in any window or on the exterior of the Premises so as to be visible from outside any name writing drawing signboard placard or advertisement of any kind whatever or any unsightly object or anything which in the opinion of the Management Company or the Managing Agents is offensive.
- Not to hang or expose in or upon any part of the Premises so as to be visible from the outside any clothes or washing of any description or any other articles nor to shake any mats brooms or other articles inside any part of the Buildings (other than the Premises) or out of the windows either of the Premises or of any part of the Buildings.
9. Not to keep any bird reptile dog cat or other animal in the Premises without the previous consent in writing of the Landlord which may be given by the Landlord or the Managing Agents such consent to be revocable by notice in writing at any time on complaint of any nuisance or annoyance being caused to any owner tenant or occupier of any other flat in the Buildings and not to permit any dog or other animal of the Tenant or under the Tenant’s control to foul the Roadway External Pedestrian Way or other parts of the Estate.
10. Not to carry out upon any part of the Estate any repairs to any motor vehicle (except in case of emergency).
11. Not to use on the Premises any electrical device without an effective suppressor fitted thereto.
12. Not to leave or park or permit to be left or parked so as to cause any obstruction in or on the Roadway parking spaces or External Pedestrian Ways or any other part of the Estate any motor car motor cycle bicycle perambulator or other vehicle belonging to or used by the Tenant or occupier of the Premises or by any of his or their friends servants or invitees and to observe all regulations made by the Landlord from time to time relating to the parking of such vehicles.
13. Not to park or accommodate any commercial vehicle caravan trailer or motorboat on any parking space or any other part of the Estate.
14. Not to permit or suffer any invitees friends servants or employees of the Tenant or their children to play upon any staircases landings or passageways in or about the Buildings.
15. To cover and keep covered the floors of the Premises with carpet or (in the case of kitchen and bathroom only) other suitable sound deadening material.
16. (a) Not to use or permit the user of the Roadway Fire Escape or External Pedestrian Way or of any other part of the Estate otherwise than in accordance with the proper exercise of the Included Rights.
16. (b) to remove forthwith upon being so required by the Landlord or the Management Company or the Managing Agents any object of or obstructions by the Tenant or his licensee in or on any part of the Estate other than the Premises and to pay to the Landlord on demand the cost incurred by them in removing and if appropriate storing the same which removal and storage is expressly hereby authorised and which shall be entirely at the Tenant’s risk.
17. At least once in every month of the said term to cause to be properly cleaned all windows of the Premises both internally and externally and at all times to keep such windows properly curtained in a style appropriate to a private residence.
18. Not at any time to interfere with the external decorations or painting of the Premises or of any other part of the Buildings.
19. To pay the cost of making good any damage at any time done by the Tenant or any person claiming through the Tenant or his or their servants agents licensees or visitors to any part of the Buildings to the passages landings stairs or entrance halls thereof or to the person or property of the tenant or occupier of any other flat or car space in the Buildings by the carrying in or removal of furniture or other goods to or from the Premises or otherwise howsoever.20. To submit any dispute difference or complaint that may arise between the Tenant and the tenant or occupier of any other flat in the Buildings in respect of the use or occupation of the Premises or any other part of the Buildings to the Managing Agents before taking any further or other steps or proceedings in relation thereto.